24 juni 2015

Happy with a Sting 3

Hi H,
I got to fly the Sting 3 last weekend.It went great.
On the first day the wind was very light when we started setting up but it started howling and i was worried the Sting would flip and self destroy :)
The handling on the takeoff was wonderful,no help needed at all to keep the nose down.Very impressed.
I flew for an hour and a half in strong ridge and broken thermals,this glider is much better suited for my weight than my previous glider.It feels great to be able to turn when i want to :) , plus it maintains the bank like on autopilot. High speed is super stable. Overall very effortless and enjoyable.
The landing had little wind and from all directions,i flared very late and i thought i was going to whack for sure but the Sting just floated me down like a mother.

The next day was a top to bottom,very weak conditions and i did not find any decent climb. Embarrasing because my friends did...lucky b@&!rds!
Thermally on the LZ again so i chickened out and went for an easy wheel  landing. I'm rusty after a year of no flying and i need to do some stalls at altitude, get a feel for when the glider wants to be flared.

Very happy with the Sting, and it rigs and packs up so quick! This one is a keeper for sure, even if i later go into the high perfo craze with a second glider.
Saludos!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten